Appointment Advice for Patients – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection
One Heart Clinic follow the advice given to healthcare providers from the government, as such we will maintain the mandatory use of face masks for both patients and staff until further notice.
The safety of our patients and staff at One Heart Clinic is paramount. We have adapted our service so we can safeguard both our patients and staff against infection from Coronavirus whilst still providing the consultations and diagnostics needed for a thorough clinical assessment.
The key steps we have taken are as follows:
- Screening of every patient before their arrival to clinic
- Continued provision of essential diagnostics with operators wearing PPE
- Provision of a fluid-resistant (Type IIR) surgical mask for patients whilst they are in the clinic
- Provision of a novel diagnostics at home service where appropriate (ie6 lead ECG and Ambulatory ECG monitoring)
- Regular cleaning of all clinic facilities.
If you are aged 70 or older or under 70 with an underlying health condition, please do not attend clinic. We can arrange a video or telephone consultation to discuss your clinical needs.
If you are not within the ‘increased risk category’ as identified by PHE, and wish to attend clinic for your consultation or diagnostic appointment, please be advised that we are screening every patient before their arrival to clinic. If you are able to attend your appointment without assistance, please do so.
It is imperative for One Heart Clinic to provide continuity of care at this time, we will however continue to monitor the advice provided by Public Health England and respond accordingly. Please contact the service on 0203 983 8001 if you would like to arrange an appointment, or if you have any queries following the above.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding at this difficult time.